What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

HP7 Reading Challenge

15 April 2011 - 15 April 2012

As a longtime fan of the Harry Potter series, I was disappointed to see the end with the 2007 release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - and, in fact, have steadfastly refused to read it (I was in denial, what can I say? ;)

That being said...

With the impending release Part 2 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie, I have decided to buck up and finally say goodbye to my favourite characters (Charlie Weasley, ironically, being one of my favourites ;)

Thus, I am challenging myself with a three-month HP binge, ending on the release day of Part 2 - of which I'm scheduled to attend the midnight showing with a friend.

In the meantime, I'll be reading (and watching) HP, up to and including Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (the book) and HPDH, part 1 (the movie).

Edit, 10 August 2011: <hanging head in shame> So... I didn't finish in time...but then, I didn't go to the midnight release either! ;)  My new(ly modified) goal to finish this challenge will now be the DVD release date (which has yet to be announced), since I'll probably see the movie then!

Edit, 4 December 2011: Ahem...still no finish.  So I'm extending this challenge unil mid-April 2012 (a year from the start date)...maybe then I'll finally finish it! ;)

Titles will be stroked out as they are read.
1.  Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (1997); movie released 2001
2.  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (1998); movie released 2002
3.  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (1999); movie released 2004
4.  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2000); movie released 2005
5.  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2003); movie released 2007
6.  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2005); movie released 2009
7.  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2007); part 1 released 2010/part 2 released 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment