What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Non-Fiction Non-Memoir Reading Challenge


1 January 2012 - 31 December 2012

Julie from My Book Retreat is hosting the Non-Fiction Non-Memoir Reading Challenge.

The challenge is simple: to read adult and YA non-fiction (but not memoirs, autobiographies or journals).  There is also a list of other types of non-fiction that does not count including books that are not read/meant to be read cover to cover (such as reference books, cookbooks, instruction manuals, slef-help, travel guides, how-to books, etc.), single essays and articles.  Re-reads are also not allowed.

There are 4 levels to choose from:
Elementary - read 5 non-fiction books
Diploma - read 10 non-fiction books
Bachelor's Degree - read 15 non-fiction books
Master's Degree - read 25 non-fiction

Julie will also be posting various link-ups for participants, including reviews, quarterly updates and a wrap-up post.  There will also be at least one giveaway.

*****

Since about half of the adult material I read is non-fiction (the other is genre fiction - I call it my fluff! ;), I am so in for the Master's Degree (25 books)!  I can't wait to start browsing the stacks for my choices! ;)

As titles are read, they will be dated, a link to a review posted, and (finally, since I love to do it!) crossed out.
1.  Mad Mary Lamb: Lunacy and Murder in Literary London by Susan Tyler Hitchcock (literary biography/history)
2.  Publish Your Family History by Susan Yates and Greg Ioannou (genealogy/publishing) (22 January 2012/Review coming)
3.  How to do everything with your genealogy by George G. Morgan (genealogy) (23 January 2012/Review)
4. 
5. 
6. 
7. 
8. 
9. 
10. 
11. 
12. 
13. 
14. 
15. 
16. 
17. 
18. 
19. 
20. 
21. 
22. 
23. 
24. 
25.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining the challenge! It sounds like you enjoy nonfiction so I hope you enjoy the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting it! I'm looking forward to it! ;)

    ReplyDelete