What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Memorable Memoirs Reading Challenge


1 January 2012 - 31 February 2012

Melissa of the Betty and Boo Chronicles is once again hosting the Memorable Memoirs Reading Challenge.

The challenge is to read memorirs, defined by the challenge host "as a record of events written by a person having intimate knowledge of them and based on personal observation."  Published letters, diaries, journals, autobiographies, non-fiction books on writing memoirs... all but biographies are permissable for this challenge.  Any formats are allowed.

There are 3 levels to choose from:
Diarist - read 1-4 memoirs
Autobiographer - read 5-9 memoirs
Memoirist - read 10+ memoirs

*****

Though I'm not usually a fan of biographies, I really enjoy reading published letters, diaries and journals.  I'm planning to become an Autobiographer (5 books) with this challenge, though I hope to read more!

As titles are read, they will be added, dated, a link to a review posted, and (finally, since I love to do it!) crossed out.
1. 
2. 
3. 
4. 
5. 

3 comments:

  1. I am not really a big fan of biographies either but I agree with you....diaries and letters are fine with me :). Good luck to you and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I look forward to your replies and hope I'm recorded on 'gaslight' as having completed it. To convey a message for YOU, someone other than me asked if you'll do it again. Please follow-up on all via my blog fellow Canuck. :) http://cmriedel.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/into-ghosts/

    ReplyDelete