What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Sunday, December 25, 2011

52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge


1 January 2012 - 31 December 2012

Robin (of My Two Blessings) is the host of the returning 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge (which has it's own blog home).

The challenge is simple: read 52 books in a year (thus, the 52 weeks).  It can be any book you want - easy or hard; as Robin states: "The goal is to read 52 books.  How you get there is up to you."

There are, however, 5 mini-challenges participants can choose to take part in:
1.  12 in 2012 - Read 12 books in 12 different categories
2.  A to Z Challenge - Read books alphabetically by title and/or author
3.  Jane Austen - Read all things Jane Austen
4.  Mind Voyages - Read science fiction, specifically from the Hugo and Nebula Awards lists
5.  Well Educated Mind - Read the classics in five different categories, including fiction, autobiographies, history/politics, drama, and poetry

There will also be weekly challenges to participate in.  A new challenge week begins every Sunday and any type of book is acceptable except children's.

*****

I was on the fence about this challenge.  While I wanted to take part, I was hestitate about the schedule (my reading tends to go in spurts).  But I thought, what the heck - all I can do is fail, right? ;)

I'll be adding books as they are read.  I haven't yet decided if I'll take part in any of the mini-challenges.  But, if I do decide to do so, I'll note in brackets after a title if it pertains to a particular challenge.  The same goes with the weekly challenges, if I decide to complete those as well.  We'll just have to see where the reading fairies take me! ;)

As titles are read, they will be added, dated, and a link to the review posted.  The "Week #" link in brackets before the book is for the specific weekly post at the "52 Books" blog. 
1.  (Week 1) Doctor Who, volume 1: Fugitive by Tony Lee; ill. by Al Davison and Matthew Dow Smith (1 January 2012/Review)
2.  (Week 2 - missed) (Week 3) Genealogical Standards of Evidence by Brenda Dougall Merriman (19 January 2012/Review)
3.  (Week 4) Chicks Dig Time Lords: a Celebration of Doctor Who By the Women Who Love It edited by Lynne M. Thomas and Tara O'Shea (23 January 2012/Review)
4.  Hidden Star by Nora Roberts (23 January 2012/Review coming - not yet posted to "52 books" site)
5.  (Week 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment