|1 January 2012 - 31 December 2012|
Robin (of My Two Blessings) is the host of the returning 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge (which has it's own blog home).
The challenge is simple: read 52 books in a year (thus, the 52 weeks). It can be any book you want - easy or hard; as Robin states: "The goal is to read 52 books. How you get there is up to you."
There are, however, 5 mini-challenges participants can choose to take part in:
1. 12 in 2012 - Read 12 books in 12 different categories
2. A to Z Challenge - Read books alphabetically by title and/or author
3. Jane Austen - Read all things Jane Austen
4. Mind Voyages - Read science fiction, specifically from the Hugo and Nebula Awards lists
5. Well Educated Mind - Read the classics in five different categories, including fiction, autobiographies, history/politics, drama, and poetry
There will also be weekly challenges to participate in. A new challenge week begins every Sunday and any type of book is acceptable except children's.
I was on the fence about this challenge. While I wanted to take part, I was hestitate about the schedule (my reading tends to go in spurts). But I thought, what the heck - all I can do is fail, right? ;)
I'll be adding books as they are read. I haven't yet decided if I'll take part in any of the mini-challenges. But, if I do decide to do so, I'll note in brackets after a title if it pertains to a particular challenge. The same goes with the weekly challenges, if I decide to complete those as well. We'll just have to see where the reading fairies take me! ;)
As titles are read, they will be added, dated, and a link to the review posted. The "Week #" link in brackets before the book is for the specific weekly post at the "52 Books" blog.
1. (Week 1) Doctor Who, volume 1: Fugitive by Tony Lee; ill. by Al Davison and Matthew Dow Smith (1 January 2012/Review)
2. (Week 2 - missed) (Week 3) Genealogical Standards of Evidence by Brenda Dougall Merriman (19 January 2012/Review)
3. (Week 4) Chicks Dig Time Lords: a Celebration of Doctor Who By the Women Who Love It edited by Lynne M. Thomas and Tara O'Shea (23 January 2012/Review)
4. Hidden Star by Nora Roberts (23 January 2012/Review coming - not yet posted to "52 books" site)
5. (Week 5)