What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Are you a Reading Challenge Addict!?


1 January 2012 - 31 December 2012

Cheryl (from CMash Loves to Read) and Gina (from Hott Books) are once again challenging the challengers with the Reading Challenge Addict Challenge!

Do you suffer from too many reading challenges?  Do you vow to cut back every year...but seem to join even more the next go round?  Then this is the place for you! ;)

And apparently there will be prizes and mini-challenges.

All good challenges need levels, and this one has 4 to choose from:
Easy as Pie - 1-5 challenges (entered and completed)
On the Roof - 6-10 challenges (entered and completed)
In Flight - 11-15 challenges (entered and completed)
Out of This World - 16+ challenges (entered and completed)

*****

I've completed (unofficially, of course) this year's (2011) challenge and once again, I'll by planning to fly Out of This World with 37 challenges!  Maybe I could hop in the tardis with Doctor Who! ;)

As each challenge (linked to my challenge post) is completed, it will be crossed out and the date completed will be noted.  I'm also planning to include comments after each challenge outlining my experience with each - the good and the bad!

1.  Men in Uniform Reading Challenge (6-10 books)

2.  150+ Reading Challenge (150+ books)

3.  Romance Reading Challenge #1 (15 books)

4.  Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge (100 books)

5.  Julia Quinn Reading Challenge (16 books)
JQ has been an author I've always wanted to try (you know how it goes...), so when I saw this challenge, I thought, "Perfect! Here's my chance. It'll give me a chance to try one or two." Then I started reading blurbs. Two turned into 16 (or more). Sigh

6.  World War I Reading Challenge (15 books)

7.  Death by Gaslight Reading Challenge (15 + 5 books)

8.  Medieval Challenge (11 books)

9.  Get Steampunked! Reading Challenge (15 books)

10.  Tea and Books Reading Challenge (2 books)

11.  Non-Fiction, Non-Memoir Reading Challenge (25 books)

12.  Speculative Fiction Reading Challenge (6 books)

13.  Greek Classics Challenge (4 books)

14.  Cruisin' Thru the Cozies Reading Challenge (7 books)

15.  Reading Romances Challenge (12 books)

16.  Speculative Romance Challenge (12 books)

17.  Graphic Novels Challenge (30 books)

18.  Shakespeare Reading Month (5 books)

19.  Historical Romance Reading Challenge (12 books)

20.  Ireland Reading Challenge (6 books)

21.  Just For Fun Reading Challenge (12 books) *link is to my Goodreads challenge post*

22.  Victorian Challenge (13+ books)

23.  52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge (52 books)

24.  Witches and Witchcraft Reading Challenge (20 books)

25.  Romance Reading Challenge #2 (5 books)

26.  The Doctor Reading Challenge (50 books)

27.  Historical Fiction Challenge (2 books) *not yet joined/posted*

28.  Short Story Reading Challenge (6 books)

29.  Memorable Memoirs Reading Challenge (5 books)

30.  Picture Book Reading Challenge (? books) *not yet announced*

31.  Harlequin/Silhouette Reading Challenge (6 books)

32.  New Author Challenge (25 books)

33.  Titanic 100th Anniversary Reading Challenge (6 books/movies)

34.  Immigrant Stories Challenge (3 books) *not yet joined/posted*

35.  Australian Women Writers Challenge (3 books) *not yet joined/posted*

36.  Dewey Decimal Challenge (20 books)

37.  Goodreads Reading Challenge (500 books) *progress and link in sidebar*
I was attempting 500 in 2011, but downgraded to 450.  (Yes, that sounds like a lot, but it includes everything, from picture books to adult reference books and a healthy mix of everything in between.)  This year, it's 500 or bust!

No comments:

Post a Comment