What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Speculative Romance Challenge


1 January 2012 - 31 December 2012

Carolyn and Laura of Book Chick City are hosting the Speculative Romance Challenge.

The challenge is to read everything and anything speculative fiction!  This includes PNR (paranormal romance), dark fantasy romance, urban fantasy romance, steampunk romance, sci-fi romance, and apocalyptic romance...basically any romance with an "other" feel.  All formats count except for audiobooks.  Each month, there will be a post for review link-ups.

There are 4 levels to choose from:
One Sexy Demon - read 6 books
Two Sexy Werewolves - read 12 books
Three Sexy Vampires - read 18 books
Four Sexy Archangels - read 24 books

*****

Besides historical romance, PNR is usually what I read within the romance confines, so this challenge is right up my alley!  I'm going to go with Two Sexy Werewolves (12 books), since a) I think werewolf books are sexy (I'm so not a vampire girl) and b) with my poor 2011 romance showing, I better start small in case I have another bad year! ;)

As titles are read, they will be dated, a link to a review posted, and (finally, since I love to do it!) crossed out.
1. 
2. 
3. 
4. 
5. 
6. 
7. 
8. 
9. 
10. 
11. 
12.

No comments:

Post a Comment