What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Friday, December 9, 2011

Julia Quinn Reading Challenge


1 January 2012 - 31 December 2012

Aislynn from Stitch - Read - Cook is hosting the Julia Quinn Reading Challenge.

She states: "Several years ago I was introduced to Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series. Little did I know at the time that she would become one of my favorite authors! Since then I have collected almost every single one of her books. Her books are the type to make you smile, make you laugh and sigh a little. My goal this year is to re-read all her books - all 26 of them (including the novella's)!"  And she's inviting others along for the ride!

Reviews are not mandatory, but encourage.  Aislynn will be posting a link-up every month to share your reviews.  Several mini-challenges and giveaways will be offered throughout the year.  The full list of JQ's books and novella's are given below.

The Bevelstoke series
1.  The Secret Diaries of Miranda Cheever (2007)
2.  What Happens In London (2009)
3.  Ten Things I Love About You (2010)
The Two Dukes of Wyndham
1.  The Lost Duke of Wyndham (2008)
2.  Mr. Cavendish, I Presume (2008)
The Bridgertons Series
1.  The Duke and I (2000)
2.  The Viscount Who Loved Me (2000)
3.  An Offer From A Gentleman (2001)
4.  Romancing Mister Bridgerton (2002)
5.  To Sir Philip, With Love (2003)
6.  When He Was Wicked (2004)
7.  It's In His Kiss (2005)
8.  On The Way To The Wedding (2006)
"36 Valentines" in The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown anthology by JQ, Suzanne Enoch, Karen Hawkins and Mia Ryan (2003)
"The First Kiss" in Lady Whistledown Strikes Back anthology by JQ, Suzanne Enoch, Karen Hawkins and Mia Ryan (2004)
Agents of the Crown
1.  To Catch An Heiress (1998)
2.  How To Marry A Marquis (1999)
The Lyndon Sisters
1.  Everything And The Moon (1997)
2.  Brighter Than The Sun (1997)
The Splendid Trilogy
1.  Splendid (1995)
2.  Dancing At Midnight (1995)
3.  Minx (1996)
"A Tale of Two Sisters" in Where's My Hero anthology by JQ, Lisa Kleypas and Kinley MacGregor (2003)
The Smythe-Smith Quartet
1.  Just Like Heaven (2011)
2.  A Night Like This (TBR July 2012)
Novellas
"Gretna Green" in Scottish Brides anthology by JQ, Christina Dodd, Stephanie Laurens and Karen Ranney (1999)
The Lady Most Likely... a novel in three parts by JQ, Connie Brockway and Eloisa James (2010)

*****

I've wanted to JQ for awhile, but never seemed to get around to it.  Now here's my chance! ;)  While I probably won't be reading all of her books, I'm going to attempt to read The Splendid Trilogy, The Bridgertons Series and The Smythe-Smith Quartet to start with and see how it goes from there!

As titles are read, they will be dated, a link to a review posted, and (finally, since I love to do it!) crossed out.
1.  The Duke and I
2.  The Viscount Who Loved Me
3.  An Offer From A Gentleman
4.  Romancing Mister Bridgerton
5.  To Sir Philip, With Love
6.  When He Was Wicked
7.  It's In His Kiss
8.  On The Way To The Wedding
9.  The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown
10.  Lady Whistledown Strikes Back
11.  Just Like Heaven
12.  A Night Like This
13.  Splendid
14.  Dancing At Midnight
15.  Minx
16.  Where's My Hero anthology (includes "A Tale of Two Sisters")

No comments:

Post a Comment