What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Greek Classics Challenge


1 January 2012 - 31 December 2012

Jean from Howling Frog Books (I love her title!) is hosting the Greek Classics Challenge.

This challenge is to look at the roots of Western civilization (and books!) by reading ancient Greek literature. 

There are 4 levels to choose from:
Sophocles - read 1-4 works
Hesiod - read 5-7 works
Herotodus - read 8-10 works
Thucydides - read 11+ works

*****

Homer's The Illiad has been on my reading "bucket list" for a number of years, as has Plato.  Here's my chance!  I'm going to start low at Sophocles (1-4 books), but hope to move up a level or two.

As titles are read, they will be dated, a link to a review posted, and (finally, since I love to do it!) crossed out.
1. 
2. 
3. 
4.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining up, and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting! I've always been meaning to try the Greek classics, but never seem to get there... ;)

    ReplyDelete