What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Monday, May 16, 2011

Chunkster Challenge

1 February 2011 - 31 January 2012

Wendy from caribousmom (and A Novel Challenge) is once again hosting the Chunkster Challenge!

The goal is simple - to read adult (fiction or non-fiction) books of 450-plus pages.  Audio books and eBooks are not allowed; this challenge is to celebrate the book, especially the chunky ones!

There are four levels to choose from:
1.  The Chubby Chunkster - read 4 chunksters
2.  The Plump Primer - read 6 chunkster
3.  Do These Books Make My Butt Look Big?! - 2 books between 450-550 pages, 2 books between 551-750 pages, and 2 books at 751+ pages for a total of 6 chunksters
4.  Mor-book-ly Obsese - 8+ chunksters, of which 3 must be 750+ pages

I'm attempting the lowest level, The Chubby Chunkster (4 books), since I don't usually read big books.   

Titles will be stroked out as they are read (or replaced as needed).
1.  The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (1122 pages) (31 December 2011)
2.   A World Undone by G. J. Meyer (709 pages) 
3.  The Justice Way by Sharon Sala (768 pages) 
4.  At Home by Bill Bryson (497 pages)

No comments:

Post a Comment