What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Shakespeare Reading Month


1 January 2012 - 31 January 2012

Allie at A Literary Odyssey is hosting the Shakespeare Reading Month in January 2012.

Starting January 1st, read anything Shakespeare: plays, sonnets, biographies, a book about Elizabethan times, or even a play by one of his contemporaries.  Allie will have various posts throughout the month.  Also, each time you finish a work or book, link to the master post and every time you link, you're entered to win a grand prize.  And the prize?  A Penguin Clothbound edition of Shakespeare's Sonnets and A Lover's Complaint.

*****

I've read Shakespeare throughout high school and university (purely for pleasure - I was a history major), but haven't picked up anything by or about the Bard in recent years (except for annual showings of Shakespeare in Love!).  So here's my chance!  I'll probably read a few of the plays, the sonnets (which are my favourite), and a few non-fiction books about Elizabethan times which I've had my eyes on for some time.

As titles are read, they will be dated, a link to a review posted, and (finally, since I love to do it!) crossed out.
1.  Shakespeare: The World As Stage by Bill Bryson
2.  Elizabeth's London: Everyday Life in Elizabethan London by Liza Picard
3.  Shakespeare's Sonnets
4.  Shakespeare's Wife by Germaine Greer
5.

No comments:

Post a Comment