|1 July 2011 - 1 July 2012|
John from Book Mine Set is once again hosting the Canadian Book Challenge, now in it's 5th year!
The challenge is simple: read 13 or more books by/about/illustrated by Canadians (by birth or by immigration) between Canada Day, 2011 and Canada Day, 2012. Any type, age or genre is permissable, just as long as they are read and reviewed.
I don't read enough Canadian literature (though Robert Munsch is one of my favourite children's authors!), so this is an excellent challenge to help me get through that! :) Since I usually stay away from literary fiction like the plague, my challenge books will probably consist of a variety of children's, genre fiction and non-fiction. At the moment, I don't have a particular theme in mind, but that may change in the near future.
Edited: It looks like I'll be reading non-fiction - social history in particular. I wonder how many books of Canadian correspondence have been published?
Titles will be stroked out as they are read or replaced as needed.
1. The Canadian Housewife: an Affectionate History by Rosemary Neering
2. The Book of Letters edited by Audrey and Paul Grescoe
3. The Book of War Letters edited by Audrey and Paul Grescoe
4. The Book of Love Letters edited by Audrey and Paul Grescoe
5. For Freedom and Honour? by Andrew B. Godefroy
Also see: The Canadian Letters and Images Project