What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Speculative Fiction Challenge


1 January 2012 - 31 December 2012

Lisa, Kwame and Kris of Adventures of 2.0 are the new hosts of the Speculative Fiction Challenge, now in year 3.

The challenge is to read books that are defined as speculative fiction (i.e. fantasy and science fiction).  Other acceptable genre's include horror, supernatural fiction, superhero fiction, utopian and dystopian ficion, as well as apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic fiction.  There will be a monthly link-up for review posts.

There are 5 levels to choose from:
Nosey - read 3 speculative fiction books
Excited - read 6 speculative fiction books
Content - read 12 speculative fiction books
In Nirvana - read 24 speculative fiction books
Obsessed - read 48 speculative fiction books

*****

While I read a lot of fantasy (at least, I think I do anyway ;), I don't read much science fiction.  I aim to dispel that inequity by becoming Excited (6 books) about speculative fiction!  Maybe I'll eventually make it to Content (12 books)... ;)

As titles are read, they will be dated, a link to a review posted, and (finally, since I love to do it!) crossed out.
1. 
2. 
3. 
4. 
5. 
6.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining! I love that you will be donating to charities from your challenges, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting it! I figure it will help motivate me to write reviews (which I'm very lax at) and give back to the local community at the same time. ;)

    ReplyDelete