Of 25 total challenges I (unofficially) entered this year, I completed 20. I have 1 that ended on December 31st (and I failed to complete in time) and 5 that are either expiring next year or have no close date. I've read (according to Goodreads) 450 books (reaching my GR goal), with a total of 54,186 pages. Wow!
I began the year (possibly, I wasn't keeping track at the time) with G. J. Meyer's A World Undone: the Story of the Great War, 1914-1918 and ended with Sherlock Holmes in Arthur Conan Doyle's The Complete Sherlock Holmes.
Challenges I Failed (expired December 31):
1. Agatha Christie Reading Challenge (perpetual) - of 88, I've read 2 (I'm reading Poirot in publication order first)
2. Canadian Book Challenge (2012) - read 8 of 13, but this one I'm still finagling with (reviews)
3. Chunkster Challenge (2012) - committed to 4, but have only read 2...I like hefty books, but this may be an issue...
4. HP7 Challenge (2012) - read/watched 8 of 15... I changed it to a year-long challenge...maybe I'll actually finish! ;)
5. Nancy and the Boys Challenge (perpetual) - 19 of over 1000 (yes, 1000 - 1028, to be exact...that's why it's perpetual)
5. Dewey Decimal Challenge - 4/4