What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Challenges Wrap-Up


In Brief...
Of 25 total challenges I (unofficially) entered this year, I completed 20.  I have 1 that ended on December 31st (and I failed to complete in time) and 5 that are either expiring next year or have no close date.  I've read (according to Goodreads) 450 books (reaching my GR goal), with a total of 54,186 pages.  Wow!

450/450 completed!
This was the first year in which I systematically kept track of not only reading challenges (through this blog), but also my books (through GR).  Though I didn't write many reviews (something I will be correcting in 2012), I am quite proud of my progress, especially considering I didn't start tracking books or challenges until late spring!

I began the year (possibly, I wasn't keeping track at the time) with G. J. Meyer's A World Undone: the Story of the Great War, 1914-1918 and ended with Sherlock Holmes in Arthur Conan Doyle's The Complete Sherlock Holmes.

Challenges I Failed (expired December 31):

1.  Jane Austen Challenge - 2 read of 4...sigh.  At least I was able to re-read two favourites (Pride and Prejudice and Mary Street's The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy).

Challenges In Progress (2012 and beyond):

1.  Agatha Christie Reading Challenge (perpetual) - of 88, I've read 2 (I'm reading Poirot in publication order first)
2.  Canadian Book Challenge (2012) - read 8 of 13, but this one I'm still finagling with (reviews)
3.  Chunkster Challenge (2012) - committed to 4, but have only read 2...I like hefty books, but this may be an issue...
4.  HP7 Challenge (2012) - read/watched 8 of 15... I changed it to a year-long challenge...maybe I'll actually finish! ;)
5.  Nancy and the Boys Challenge (perpetual) - 19 of over 1000 (yes, 1000 - 1028, to be exact...that's why it's perpetual)

Challenges Completed:

1.  100+ Reading Challenge - 100/100
5.  Dewey Decimal Challenge - 4/4
10.  Manga Challenge - 6/6
15.  Series Challenge - 4/4
16.  Seconds Challenge - 6/6
20.  2011 Goodreads Challenge - 450/450

No comments:

Post a Comment