What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Personal Note

Wow, I never expected anyone to actually participate along with me ... and then I go and desert you!  Sorry! :(

I had high hopes in the beginning months of 2012, but then a very ugly and stressful life reared its' head and challenges, genealogy, internet, everything went out the window - including reading!

It started to get better in the late fall, and now, hopefully, everything is back to normal(ish).  The holidays were good, I completed NaNoWriMo (a challenge to write a 50,000 word story in a month), we adopted a new cat, I received a fancy new iPod for Christmas (to replace my very battered MP3 player), and I went and bought books for the first time in what seemed like years! ;)  (I had been using the library, but there's just something special about your own books - and the act of buying them.  It sounds crazy, but it makes some sort of sense in my little world!)

A very big thank you! to everyone that participated and congratulations! to everyone that finished!  There has been interest in repeating (and certainly I'd like to have another go, since I failed miserably - hopefully successfully this time!), and once I get a weekend off (very soon!) , I'll be puttering around the site again.  I'll come around to everyone for a visit as well!

Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Would you e-mail me? I'd like to find out if my name & reviews (since they had to be done manually) are going to be added for posterity as completing 'Gas Light' 2012. I'll delete my post if it's not going to link anywhere but of course want you to have a chance to let me know that much first.

    On dial-up it's slow to keep checking pages for replies and I know you left a lot to catch up, yourself. Easier for us if you e-mail when you get a second to tell me that part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something life does get in the way.
    I entered the Doctor reading challenge, I really thought it was original and cute, but couldn't finish my second book to complete the level. I think it will be cool to try it again, maybe as a perpetual challenge?
    Wishing you all the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you back. Unfortunately, I fell short of two books for the Death by Gaslight challenge. Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete