What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Monday, May 16, 2011

1st in a Series Challenge

1 January 2011 - 31 December 2011

Katy from A Few More Pages is the host of First in a Series Challenge.

The challenge is exactly how it sounds - read titles that are first in a series. 

There are four levels of participation to choose from:
1.  Series Novice - 3 books
2.  Series Lover - 6 books
3.  Series Expert - 12 books
4.  Series Fanatic - 20 books

I think I'll aim for the Series Expert Series Lover level - I do tend to prefer series titles when reading fiction, so I'm quite content I'll be able to complete this challenge - though this means finding some new authors... :) 

Titles will be stroked out as they are read (or replaced as needed).
1.  Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen (Lady Victoria Georgiana Charlotte Eugenie/Royal Spyness Mystery)
2.  Flight of the Phoenix by R. L. LaFevers (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist)
3.  Dealing With Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede (Enchanted Forest Chronicles)
4.  Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson (Alcatraz Smedley)
5.  Winner Takes All by Jacqueline Rayner (Ninth Doctor)
6.  Amulet: the stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi (Amulet)

No comments:

Post a Comment