What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Books to Movies Challenge

1 June - 31 December, 2011
 Two Bibliomaniacs are hosting the Books to Movies Challenge and I'm adding it to my list! 

It's pretty straight forward - read a book, watch the movie.

There are four levels, which include:

1.  Straight to Video - read 2 books and watch the film adaptations
2.  Limited Release - read 4 books and watch the film adaptations
3.  Blockbuster - read 6 books and watch the film adaptations
4.  Oscar Buzz - read 8 books and watch the film adaptations

I was going to attempt the Blockbuster level, but the year's running out and I haven't been reading anything even close to this category.  So I'm parring down to the Straight to Video (2 books/films) level...

Titles will be stroked out as they are read (or replaced as needed).
1.  84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff (movie released 1987)
2.  Stardust by Neil Gaiman (movie released 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment