What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cozy Mystery Challenge

1 April - 30 September, 2011

Kris from Not Enough Books is hosting the Cozy Mystery Challenge

The goal is to read (at least) 6 cozy mysteries within a 6-month period, with at least 2 books unique to this challenge (if you're overlapping books and challenges).

There are three participation levels, including:

1.  Only the required amount - 6 books
2.  I think I can do better - 7-10 books
3.  Feeling very ambitious - 11+ books

I'm up for the Only the required amount level (consisting of 6 books) - cozies are a big part of my reading, but maybe this will get me more into them!  I've been browsing Cozy-Mystery.com and picked the following (all first in a series) titles to try, with more than half - sensing a theme? :) - paranormal-ish.  It's been awhile since I read a cozy (my usual mystery choices are historicals or those liberally sprinkled with romance), so wish me luck!

Edit: Okay, so I should have been done this in September...December is now creeping up and I'm left one short!!  I'll have it done by the end of the year, though (hopefully! ;)

Titles will be stroked out as they are read (or replaced as needed).
1.  Death at Daisy's Folly by Robin Paige
2.  Death at Gallow's Green by Robin Paige
3.  Witch Way to Murder by Shirley Damsgaard (10 December 2011)
4.  Death at Bishop's Keep by Robin Paige
5.  Casting Spells by Barbara Bretton
6.  The Ghost and Mrs. McClure by Alice Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment