What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jane Austen Challenge FAILED!

1 January 2011 - 31 December 2011

Haley from The Life (and Lies) of An Inanimate Flying Object is hosting the Jane Austen Challenge, year 2.

There are 3 levels to choose from, including:

1.  Newbie (4 books - 2 by J.A. and 2 by other authors, including re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs)
2.  Lover (8 books - 4 by J.A. and 4 by other authors, including re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs)
3.  Fanatic (12+ books - 6 by J.A. and 6+ by other authors, including re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs)

Pride and Prejudice is easily my favourite book of all time (and, you know, Colin Firth as Darcy helped ;)  However, I have never read the other 5 published works by Jane Austen.  Here's my chance!

Titles will be stroked out as they are read (or replaced as needed).
1.  Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (of course I have to re-read this!)
2.  Minor Works by Jane Austen (Oxford University Press, 1954 collection of short and incomplete stories, juvenila and other writings)
3.  The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy by Mary Street (re-read; re-telling)
4.  The Independence of Miss. Mary Bennet by Colleen McCullough (romance/sequel)

** Since I found quite a few Pride and Prejudice re-tellings, sequels, etc. (and I know there are more out there!), I'm creating my own personal challenge just for those!)

Edit, 30 December 2011: With only a day and a half left in the year, I'm officially giving up on this challenge. I had good intentions - and got to re-read two favourite books - but just couldn't make it to 2 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment