What is Simply...Challenging?

In brief, Simply...Challenging is my challenge blog. Here, I'm only listing the reading (and 1 writing) challenges I am/have taken part in, as well as book lists for each. My reviews are posted at Goodreads. Yes, it seems weird, but right now, it works for me. ;)

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Valley of the Kings Challenge

1 January 2011 - 31 December 2011

Miss Eliza at Strange and Random Happenstance is hosting the Valley of the Kings Challenge.

The rules are simple - the books have to be about Egypt, though they don't necessarily need to be set in Egypt.  From Agatha Christie to Michelle Moran and everything in between...

There are five levels to choose from:
1.  Hawk Horizon (1-5 books)
2.  Ibis Incline (6-10 books)
3.  Jackal Jetty (11-15 books)
4.  Feline Flats (16-20 books)

While I don't normally count the subject of Egypt amongst my reading categories, I decided to give this challenge a go - and expand my horizons!  Therefore, Hawk Horizon (6 books) it is!

Titles will be stroked out as they are read (or replaced as needed).
1.  Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters (re-read)
2.  The Professor's Daughter by Joann Sfar and Emmanuel Guibert (graphic novel) 
3.  Theodosia and the Serperts of Chaos by R. L. LaFevers
4.  Skippyjon Jones in Mummy Trouble by Judy Schachner 
5.  Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris by R. L. LaFevers
6.  Peeps at Many Lands: Ancient Egypt by Rev. James Baikie

No comments:

Post a Comment